Monday, October 8, 2007

Nova Scotia

Oct 2 2007
Today 136.7 Total 7793.6

I learned my lesson in PEI. I made sure I got the biggest thickest tourist book for Nova Scotia. What's open and what's not. There are surprisingly few things closed here. I think it is because of the Celtic Colour's festival they are having in Cape Breton this weekend. I caught the last ferry off PEI and crept my way in the pitch dark to the campground it was only three km but the headlight does little more than warn cars that you are there and let you brace for the bumps Anyone who has skied with a headlamp knows the feeling. (Can you say December sweeps). I was whistling as I rode and scared something big back into the bushes. I could hear it crashing along. It was running away so I was happy.

Oct 3 2007
Today 125.5 Total7919.1

A beautiful day for riding. Warm with a good tailwind. I stopped in Pictou to do some blogging at a UPS store. I got all set up, camera card out, ready to go when the girl at the desk said, "You did see our rate sheet?" I looked up. $20 an hour. I'm glad she pointed that out. I thanked her and left.
I was in desperate need of a laundromat and luckily the campground at Linwood had one. I hate wasting two hours staring at the laundry go around in the middle of the day. I don't mind if I can blog at the same time but that is extremely rare. Two hours of riding that's twenty-thirty km. My life has been reduced to thinking of how many km I could have done while doing something else. It's getting harder and harder to stop in the middle of the day for anything other than food.

No comments: