Sunday, October 14, 2007

Field of Diamonds

Oct 12 2007
Today 149.8 Total 8838.3

I woke to frost on the tent but with all my layers on and my fancy down sleeping bag I was quite cosy. The day started out very foggy and with the heavy frost coating everything it was a world of white. When the fog burned off I was treated to one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. I was riding past a field of tall grass. Each blade was coated in thick frost and as I rode it created a prismatic shimmer of thousands of tiny dots of red, green, purple and blue. When I stopped it was a white field but as I rode it was alive with colour. It was so sublimely beautiful it actually made me teary. I tried taking some pictures but they didn't even begin to do it justice. If this flower could say buurrr.
Another reason Newfoundland will be my rainbow province.

No comments: