Monday, October 8, 2007

Cabot Trail Here I Come

Oct 4 2007
Today 128.9 Total 8048.0
It rained last night so I was very careful riding along. the road was wet and with the morning light the glare was blinding me so I knew that I would be invisible to the traffic. The hills started today. Not much in the way of fall colours but a very pretty ride none the less. I found a beautiful stealth spot just off the ocean. I watched the sunset over the ocean as the waves pounded the shore below me. It was achingly beautiful.
I then watched the stars slowly wink into view. There was zero light noise as the moon is near new and was also late rising. It has been a long time since time since I slept under the stars but I spent most of the night out of the tent. It was finally the condensation on my sleeping bag that chased me in.

2 comments:

Stephen Power said...

Hey Leanna - so good to see how incredibly well you have done! Don F and I just did a trip and we were pretty proud of our 80 km day in the rain, but I look at your trip and every day is humbling! Too bad about your experience in Amqui - I have great memories of that town - but then again, the anglophone skiers were keeping the ski hill and it's bar open! Stay safe on the "home stretch" and have fun. I'm looking forward to the photos and stories next time you are in Kamloops!

Steve

Leanna said...

Thank-you for your comments it is great to hear something positve about the town. I may have been just lucky enough to catch it on bring-a-weirdo-to-town day.