Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Newfoundland

Oct 7 2007
Today 110 Total
Sleeping on the ferry did nothing to improve how my neck was feeling neither did the 70 km blasts that greeted when I got off the ferry. It took me two and half hours to do the first 17km of my ride today. The wind was steady at about 50 km which had me creeping along in my granny gear. The blasts would knock me off the road. I was just so happy to be in my last province. It was cold and raining. The whole time I was riding I was doing the '9 more days' mantra. I couldn't believe the number of rainbows I saw today. I must have seen a least seven. From the part arch, to a huge full half circle to a few smaller closer to the ground arches. It was kind of neat.
I liked how you could only see this one on the mountain.
Phebeas brakes are feeling kind of spongy so I'm hoping to make it to Cornerbrook tomorrow to have them checked out.

No comments: