Monday, October 15, 2007

Are We There Yet?

oct 14 2007

Today 154.6 Total 9108.4

Do not adjust your set. This picture ws taken at eleven in the morning. This was the view for most of my ride today. It was especially fun after the sun had set and I was frantically trying to get to a motel. And I thought riding with a head lamp on was fun on a clear night.
As I write this I am in Mount Pearl about 30 km from Cape Spears. It is very foggy and I'm hoping it will burn off before I head down for my final few km. I'm feeling overwhelmed, surreal, excited and proud. But not alone.
The one thing that came up constantly when I would talk to people is, "Alone?!?" I got to the point of where I would say, "No I'm just riding by myself."
There were the people who supported by phone or on line when I wanted to quit. My two heroes who rescued me when I was stranded with a broken bike. The hundreds of people who honked and waved in good weather and bad. The verbal well wishes at campgrounds and restaurants. So no, I didn't do it alone. I just rode by myself.

No comments: