Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Holiday Monday

Oct 8 2007
Today 110?
well I totally forgot it was a Turkey time and that nothing would be open. Phebea's brakes went from spongy to darn near gone by mid-morning so I hitch hiked into Cornerbrook. The gentleman who picked me up dropped me at a hotel right across the street from the bike shop. So technically I only biked about 30 km the other 80 km was in a truck. It is cold. I was wearing everything warm I own and I was shivering away. When the brakes went I was very ready to come home. I called Flip and told him to book me a flight from Cornerbrook I'm done thank-you very much. If the guy in the truck had dropped me at the airport I would have happily boarded the first flight. Now that I've had a warm bath and am sitting in a cozy room I'm keen again (sort of). We will see. I'll find our what is going on with my bike and I'll see if I can find some warmer clothes. This is going to put me back a few days. I originally wanted to be home for Thanksgiving, then it was the 15th now I thinking my new song is "I'll be Home for Christmas."

5 comments:

Kelly O said...

What you need is a great big hug. So here is one from me, and one from Paul, and one from Quentin, and one from PJ and one from Sebastian.

Oh wait, that's 5 hugs. That and some Purdy's hedgehogs should keep you going for a bit longer.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanna,

May the wind be at your back, may you enjoy lots of warm & sunny Newfie hospitality and may you have a safe ride to you final destination! Thanks for sharing your cycling adventures with us!

Jeanetta & George from the "Tour de Quebec" cycling/X-C skiing crew, Salmon Arm, B.C. (We met you near Kamouraska, Quebec on Sept. 22).

Anonymous said...

Hi Leanna,

May the wind be at your back, may you enjoy lots of warm & sunny Newfie hospitality and may you have a safe ride to you final destination! Thanks for sharing your cycling adventures with us!

Jeanetta & George from the "Tour de Quebec" cycling/X-C skiing crew, Salmon Arm, B.C. (We met you near Kamouraska, Quebec on Sept. 22).

BrotherDan said...

Keep it up sis! Only a week to go! I've finally caught up on your posts and man oh man...what a trip. I'm extremely proud of you and plead with the entire Celtic Pantheon so that you may get a damn break in the weather and enjoy the rest of the trip!

Oh...and in case dad hasn't told you...you have a new nephew as of August 30th. Connor!

Ritsin said...

Hang in there Leanna, with all those hugs I'm sure you'll make it! Sending lots of good vibes your way.