Sunday, October 14, 2007

Break in the Weather

Oct 10 2007
Today 146.6 Total 8563.7
Oct 11 2007
Today 124.8 Total 8688.5
Thanks for all the great comments. A hug was just what I needed. I found the cutest little kitten and molested it. That made me feel much better.
It has been beautiful but cold the last two days. Frosty in the mornings but warming up to about ten degrees with a tail-wind and bluebird skies.

My weather proof layer is actually weather resistant. So after several hours of a steady drizzle I'm soaked to the skin but with the new layers I'm wet but warm.
From left to right wind jacket, rain jacket, thermo layer, fleece layer with hood, wicking layer. Neoprene over booties, lined rain pants, bike shorts. On the rail two pair of socks, a bra and a pair of leg warmers. Add three layers of gloves and my runners and this is how I start my day.
The new sweater and booties are making a huge difference to my comfort level. I'll start my day totally bundled up and be down to one shirt by mid-afternoon. Then I'll slowly start adding layers again. My cell phone has pooped out so I've lost my moral support coach but I've only got just over 400 km left so I'll manage.

No comments: