Monday, October 22, 2007

Last One

This will be my last post on this blog as we now resume broadcasting on our regularly scheduled blogspot.
I had a blast. This trip was the most rewarding thing I have ever done and I am so grateful that I was given the opportunity to do it. I'm thankful for all the encouragement I received and I'm glad so many of you were along for the ride. I don't think I would have finished if it hadn't been for knowledge of so many people counting on me.
While I was at Cape Spears (still absorbing the moment) I bumped into a gentleman who played the W5 game with me, (who, what, where, why, how long.) He was a fellow cyclist and one of his comments really bothered me. Not for myself but for him. He said that this was the highlight of my life that I will be slightly disappointed with everything else because nothing else can measure up. I disagree. This was a small part of my life. Something I can look back at and smile...or cringe. Something to add to my core, my base. I now know my base is both stronger and more vulnerable than I ever realized. A base that I know can hold almost everything life throws at me good or bad. But 'little-miss-independent' is no longer afraid to ask for a little support if she feels like she is going to crack. No contrary to his beliefs, to me this trip was a few month self-awareness course. Cape Spears was just a podium to cross on my way to the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Kelly O said...

I always knew you were a wise soul.