Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mom's

53 30'52.33" N
113 16'52.57" W
Today 165 Km Total 2278.6
It was a long day for only being my second day back. My hind end feels like I was using 35 grit sandpaper as undies. Other than that I feel a little sore but not too bad. I am slowly learning that you can't judge a restaurant by the number of cars outside. I stopped at a little roadside cafe for a quick burger. Quick being the operative word. An hour later I was just receiving my meal and I still hadn't had a single refill of coffee. I realized the cars were all there because everyone was being held hostage hoping their meals were on there way. The two women who had arrive 5 min after I had still didn't have their meal by the time I finished mine. I was trying to pay so I could escape after waiting by the till for a while I finally went into the kitchen to hunt someone down. I stuck my head in, the sole person in there, our waitress/cashier/cook was washing a pot at the sink. There was nothing...NOTHING cooking on the grill. Four tables of people waiting for food and she's doing the dishes. So feeling very grateful that I got served at all I paid and got the heck out of there.I took Hwy 43 until it split and then I took Hwy 37 East and then I turned south at Fort Saskatchewan onto Hwy 21 to Sherwood Park.I'm taking a couple days to visit mom as this is my last family stop on my trip.Back on the road again on Sunday.

1 comment:

Kelly O said...

One person working the whole place?!?! That is crazy.

I like to hit the places with lots of big trucks parked outside, the truckers usually know where to eat in the towns they pass through.

Happy peddling!