Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Jerk

Aug 21 2007
Today 142.1 Total 3452.1
Today I awoke to the sky a strange blue colour instead of the rolling grey I am used to. Even stranger was having (gasp) a tail wind. Not just any tail wind but a strong tail wind. I was hoping for a record day when in a flash that idea was gone.
I don't know how many of the details I should share, but I was angry not injured but the police did get involved and two charges have been laid against the jerk. (Public nudity and reckless endangerment.) They didn't catch the guy so for the first couple of hours of riding; after police reports and debriefing with Flip; I was very nervous that this jerk would come up behind me again and try something. I actually spent 45 minutes sitting off the side of the road contemplating if I wanted to to continue.
Where I sat at the 100th Meridian.

I do.
I have waited so long to do this trip it would be shame to give it up because of one jerk. I have met some great people on this trip. It was a tough afternoon. Soul searching and jittery. So I'm drowning my sorrows with an apple strudel.

No comments: