Saturday, August 25, 2007

Loyalties

Aug 19 2007
A rest day in Yorkton.
Of course the library in closed and what's an Internet cafe? Some day I'll start updating. Just a note because I'm trying to travel rural, towns are few and far between. The libraries also seem to keep the oddest hours. It seems like every time I would check the library would be closed that day. So don't worry I'm in touch with Phil every day...Dad. Feel free to call me on my cell phone Phil has my number.
One thing I've sure noticed about the people of Saskatchewan is that they are a proud people with strong loyalties. God, family, country, the Roughriders, and John Deere. The last three change order depending on who you are talking to. I rode into Yorkton on a game day and I wasn't wearing green and felt very out of place. (Yer not from around these parts are ya.) Also the amount of provincial flags flying put the other provinces I've seen so far to shame. Have a look at the Saskatchewan provincial flag and then look at the John Deere colours...coincidence I think not. I wonder which came first.

No comments: