Saturday, August 25, 2007

Cats and Dogs

Aug 20 2007 Today 105.8 Total 3310.0
Well it rained, and then it rained some more. Then for a change it rain a little bit harder. The hot bath I had yesterday seems like a very dim memory. I stopped for second breakfast at Helena's Schnitel Haus in Saltcoates SK. I felt kind of guilty as I sloshed my way in and sat and created a puddle under my chair. When I went to the washroom to wash my hand it looked like the creature from the black lagoon had just wandered through. Huge wet foot prints back and forth. (It took me three days to dry my shoes properly.) If you are ever in the area stop in the food was fabulous. I had coffee, a great cup of hot chocolate, three huge texas toast style pieces of french toast cooked to perfection, and three side cut pieces of bacon. Divine. And the bill a whopping $8.10. Of course the library is closed on Mondays. Helena tried to get me to stay but I'm a glutton for punishment so off I went. I beautiful red fox today. It went and hid behind some bushes and eyed me suspiciously. I followed Hwy 16 all the way from Yorkton to Rusell where I am staying at the community sponsored free campground. I was talking on the local ladies she was very excited they hadn't had rain in over a month. I was so glad for her. I even tried not to sound sarcastic. I might have to rent my services to some poor drought ridden country.
The town of Russel used to manufature these beams for arenas and rinks. When one the towns was tearing down their rink Russel brought the beams back and set them up on main street. A honey I found in Russell. (His last name was Honey.)

3 comments:

Frank said...

HI Leanna,keep up the good work.There are many sunny days ahead and wonderful things have yet to happen.Big adventure just around the corner.

Stephen Power said...

Hey Leanna! It's been great following your progress! the blogs are great - keep 'em coming! (ever thought about writing for a living!). I must admit, back in May at Wells Gray, I thought you were a bit nuts - now I'm kind of envious! Good luck with the rest of your trip!

Moo!

Steve

Kelly O said...

I think it is thoughtful of you to bring rain to the poor dry plains.

We have been a little wet here in the Loops as well, three days of wet and now today is our second day of sunshine (sorry).

We are taking the kids camping up to Paul Lake, well I am. I am a hockey widow for the next two evenings while Paul catches up with Phil.

I think I am going to golf with Phil on Saturday (the weather man is calling for rain by then) I promise to duff a couple for you.

Keep peddling!