Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sorry Sudbury

Sept 7 2007
Today119.0 Total 5290.8
Today was one of those great days to grab your favorite book, curl up by the fire, and stare dreamily out the misted window at the rivulets of water meandering their way down the pane of glass. Or to throw some spandex on, go riding for eight hours, while peering at the road through slightly misted sunglasses while rivulets of water obscure your vision. The worst thing about today was the strong southerly cross winds trying to throw me into traffic accompanied by semi wash trying to throw me in the ditch. It was about one in the afternoon I had pulled over to the side of the road and was munching on a soggy four day old cookie. I took a swallow of stale lukewarm water which caused all the ice cold rain on my head to pour down the back of my neck, through my shoulder blades and beyond. That`s when it hit me I was having a blast. Bring it on. Gritty teeth aren't fun but I couldn't stop grinning. So sorry Sudbury about fifteen minutes after I got a hotel room for the evening the heavens really opened up streets were flooded and there were power outages. Dad even heard about it in BC. My bath felt great though.

No comments: