Saturday, September 22, 2007

Alone in Montreal

I got up bright and early and was back at the hostel reserving my spot for the night. This gave me plenty of time to tour around. I'll let the picture speak for themselves. I had a great time. It was a rest day so I only did about eighty km on my bike. I'm kidding but Montreal is a great town to see by bike. User friendly and relatively flat unless you go up to Mount Royal which I did.

The cobblestones look great but they can just about shake a kidney loose when you're riding on them.

At one of the churches

Downtown

Copernicus at the Observatory.
After buzzing around downtown I rode though McGill and then up to Mount Royal.

Who's having a good time?



OK the traditional pose at Mount Royal.
On my way down I took a different route and found a whole herd of people dressed up in medieval costumes having war games, tight rope walking, and a whole group of drummers. Very much a festival atmosphere with people smoking grass, swilling beer and wench groping.

Look Daniel does have a brother in spirit if not in blood.
Apparently they do this every Sunday.

I did not know what to do for dinner so I asked at the hostel. They suggested that I take the metro and go to the Latin Quarter. Lots of great restaurants. Well I took a wrong turn and ended up at a little dive with great food, huge portions while watching people coming in out of the exotique cinèma, across the street with privè cabine, ouvert 24, 7 jour, all in big neon letters.

No comments: