Saturday, September 22, 2007

Getting to Quebec City

Sept 17 2007
Today 151.0 total 6361.2
Up early and out the door in an attempt to beat the rush hour traffic. As considerate as Quebec drivers are to cyclist its still Monday morning rush hour. I made great time to Trois Rivieres so I was able to up date my blog some more. I am getting spoiled by the hostels here. The hostel in Montreal was $27 this one was $20, That is cheaper than camping and both in beautiful historic buildings. Trois Riviers was a pretty little town and worth a longer visit.
Sept 18 2007
Today 127 km Total 6488.2
I am very proud of myself. Today I ordered a whole meal in french. One thing I have been working my entire journey across our great country is trying to learn a bit of passable french. I am not so good. I purchased a program that is audio only and have been practicing to flowers and trees and to Phebea. I've been practicing these great conversations in my head. The problem with that is it is kind of like playing chess with yourself. No surprises. So in the real world when some throws a new word at me I'm stumped. But I'm trying. So like I said I ordered a whole meal in French. I was at McDonald's. My turn came up with authority I said to the lady "Numero uno avec cafe black." With every word I spoke her polite smile increased until it was earsplitting. See I really meant to say Nombre Un, avec cafe noir s'l vous plait. But after saying the first two words in Spanish I panicked forgo the word for with stumbled with it and then my mouth got away from my brain. I think she appreciated the attempt and I got my meal.

An average ride today with the exception of this monster.

My first 15%er
How does a cyclist look after climbing a 15%er without stopping, fully loaded with saddle bags.
Like this.


I am in another beautiful hostel in the old part of Quebec only a few blocks away from the hotel I am sharing with Phil. I see him tomorrow. YEAH!!!!!!

No comments: