Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ottawa

Sept 13 2007
Today 88.1 Total 5976.2
I didn't plan it. It just kind of happened. I was riding along and suddenly I realized that Ottawa was just across the bridge. So I thought what the hell and turned south. I was cruising along the Ottawa River Recreational Trail.

Stone statues in the Ottawa River.

Before I knew it I was in front of the Parliament Buildings, then museums, and statues, and the Rideau Canal but it was when I was at the Cenotaph that I welled up and got lumpy and misty.
I am so glad I went. It was definitely the 25¢ tour but it sure made me want to come back for more.
A parade.
On the front of the Parliment Building.
A statue of Queen Victoria comemerating her choosing Ottawa as the capital of Canada
Now I'm back in Quebec I sure have enjoyed slowing down and being a tourist. On my tour. What a novel idea.

No comments: