Thursday, September 27, 2007

On the Road Again



Last view of the city.
Sept 23 2007
Today 137.4 Total 6625.6
Well I'm back on the road again. I ended up with a much later start than I planned on. Phil had to catch his plane early so I had planned on catching the seven-thirty ferry across the river to Levis. When I got down to the front lobby no one was around and then when the front desk clerk did show up he didn't have a key the room where Phebea was locked up. He finally ended up taking the door off its hinges to get her out. So I missed the seven-thirty ferry by minutes and had to wait an hour for the eight thirty. Nothing was open yet so I had to wait until I got to Levis to eat breakfast. The meal was good but the service was slow so by the time I was done it was 11:00 and I had only done 15 km. Not off to a roaring start. What was roaring though was the tailwind. So even with the late start and my lack luster enthusiasm I still had a halfway decent day.
I ran into half of a group of ten cyclists from Salmon Arm. They had started in Quebec City had toured their way up the north side of the St Laurence and were on their way back on the south side. It sounded like a fun trip.
I made it to the town I was hoping to stay in just after sunset unfortunately it happened to be the only town I had been to all day that wasn't stuffed full of B&B and campsites. The next closest town was ten km. By this time it was so dark I couldn't see the cracks in the road so I found a half way suitable site, pitched the hammock and gave up.

No comments: