Sunday, September 16, 2007

Character

Sept 8 2007
today 124.6 Total 5515.4
I was stopped in Sudbury for breakfast when a fellow cyclist stopped in the restaurant to talk to me. He was very excited and talking a mile a minute so I never did get his name. The first thing he asked was where was I going. I told him and he asked if he could join me. At first I thought he meant across town so I said sure but when he said his wife would kill him I realized he meant for the rest of my trip! It turns out travelling across Canada by bike has always been one of his dreams but his wife told if he did to not bother coming home if he did. He asked how my husband was taking me being gone. I told him he supports me and he is meeting me in Quebec City for a few days. I felt very sad for him and at the same time grateful for the support I'm receiving from home. It says a lot about the character of a person crush a dream or support it.

No comments: