Friday, September 7, 2007

The Lake Superior Roadhouse



"Waitress can I get a strong headwind while I look at the menu. Thanks. I'll have the construction site. Oh? That's tomorrow's special? It looked great though, grooved pavement, single lane traffic, impatient drivers, drizzled in fresh tar with a generous portion of gravel. OK so today's special is Semi's? How are they served? A few over sized load but lots of narrow shoulders, that sounds good. Now lets see...hmmm..say have you got any of those sedans? You know the ones that go like a bat out of hell and then get within about a foot of your left arm and scare the crap out of you? You do, great I'll take a few of those on the side, and um, sorry you said how do I take my hills? What's the house special? Long, steep and served all day, sounds great bring er on. Dessert, hmm I hadn't even thought about it. What do you have? No, no...no flat tires for me I've had quite a few lately a girls got to pace herself. Though it would probably be good with the construction site tomorrow. Let's see. How about a nice thunder storm just as I'm setting up camp for the night. Is that everything? Yeah, If you could just top up my headwind I think I'm done."

No comments: