Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fellow Traveller

Sept 10 2007
Today 83.8 Total 5685.9
Rather a quiet day today I slept in had a long lunch and then actually got to a campground before sunset. Kind of nice for a change. I met a neat lady today.
Her name is Ruth. She is from Hinton, a retired school teacher travelling across Canada, by herself. Shocking I know. She is travelling with a truck and camper and is on her way back to Alberta after spending three months on the road. It was actually really nice to talk to her a lot of the same comment I've received she has too. We both agreed travelling alone has its advantages and it disadvantages. She invited me for dinner. We had a great stew (I never thought I would be so excited to see a turnip), bread while comparing stories. It was also really nice to see some of her pictures of the Maritimes as it rekindled my enthusiasm for my trip.

2 comments:

Ritsin said...

Nice to read the updates and that you are still going strong. Everyone I've talked to is so bloody proud of you!

Is the raccoon a metaphor for your journey?

Leanna said...

Do you mean stuck in the can?