Monday, June 18, 2007

Song Birds



June 12 2007
49 30.564 N 115 45.557 W
Today 132.8 km total 1476.3 km
I didn't sleep well last night . A rest stop is not a good place to encamp too many nocturnal visitors. I was up and on my way early. I haven't put my headphones on since Castlegar. As flowers were to the island, song birds have been to the Kootenay's. It sounds like a rain forest with all the different song birds. Red winged black birds, black birds, robins, sparrows, meadow larks, chickadees to name a few. Even chickens, ravens and eagles have added to the mix and on percussion the northern flicker and the peleated woodpecker. These are just the ones I can name there were a host of others.

In to Creston.

I had second breakfast in Creston. So far it wins hands down for being the friendliest town. I'm suffering from second day fatigue syndrome. The road from Yank to Cranbrook was brutal. The shoulder was rough with a huge rumble strip with no breaks in it. It was very difficult riding.

No comments: