Monday, June 18, 2007

Catch Up

June 11 2007
49 17.995 N 116 39.680 W
Today 136.5 Total 1343.5
I got a late start from Dad's but even with that and a lengthy stop in Nelson with the help of a strong tailwind I made it the 76 Km to the Balfour ferry by 1:45. I had to wait for the 2;50 so I had lunch at the Docker's Pub. The first hill coming off of the ferry was a dandy, especially trying to do it with cold muscles. I had planned on staying at the Kootney Kampground but it was closed. I've run out of steam and I'm trying to stealth camp at Kuskonook, I'm just waiting for a family with two vicious dogs to leave. They are oblivious to my presence. Unfortunately the mosquitoes and no-see-ums know exactly where I am even with the bug spray on.
The roads from Nelson to the ferry were great with a smooth , wide bike lane. After the ferry the whole road was rough but the drivers have been very courteous.

No comments: