Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Downhill with a Tailwind


June 4th 2007 9th day of riding
49 02.205N 119 28.709W
113.4 Km Total 989.2
It took my body about an hour to remember how it felt the evening before. I suffered along taking numerous small breaks until I remembered that magic word IBUPROFEN. I was still sore but it was manageable. By 11:15 I was halfway through lunch and I had already done 67 km. The difference downhill and a tailwind makes. From Keromeos to Osoyoos there were a series of hills starting out small and then gradually increasing in length. To make matters worse the light drizzle turned into full on rain complete with headwinds and thunder. As I reached the top of the last hill, (long but with an easily manageable grade) the rain and wind quit. Letting me make great time down the hill into Osoyoos. The roads for the most part were smooth with great shoulders.
I'm spending a rest day visiting my father-in-law.

Doug. The duck herder.

I purchased a new set of lights. Pricy but bright and they have good flashing setting. It is suppose to rain tomorrow and I would like to be as visible as possible. It has rain steadily all day today with some nasty winds so I'm grateful that I wasn't on the road today. Hopefully the winds aren't as bad tomorrow. I won't need that with some of the grades that I'm facing going from Osoyoos to Rock Creek.

No comments: