Monday, June 18, 2007

Revenge of the Chicken Wings

June 14 2007
Today 33.4 km Total 1522.1
Brrrrrr. The day started with me packing up in a rain storm, riding in the rain, visiting the hot springs in the rain and then riding in the rain again. I had planned on riding a lot farther but most of the campsites are still closed due to the early date. I could have stayed at the lodge but I thought I would get camp set-up early and relax. I am staying at the McLeod Meadows there are 98 sites of which 8 are occupied. They have special locker so cyclist can store their food so I threw everything of mine in. So far I've seen a pine martin, a pika, a ground squirrel, and three mule deer without even leaving my campsite. I was hoping to wander more but the chicken wings are still having their way with me so the only place I'm wandering to is the facilities. I was washing my hands when I looked in the mirror. Brown hair, brown shirt, green vest and green face, they think I'm really ugly tree. As long as one of the mule deer doesn't start nibbling on my ear I'll be happy.

No comments: