Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Last Retracing Step

June 2 2007 7th Day of riding
49 22.797 N 121 25.485 W
119.9 Km total 745.1
My body really doesn't like doing over 100 km. I am always fighting for those last few km. The first 50 km I'm a hero. The road flies by under me. The next 25 are a workout, from 75-100 my body is whining like a three year, "Are we there yet?" After that point I've pissed my body off to the point where things start to cramp up; the ultimate form of protest. I'm usually forgiven by morning when I'm feeling like a hero again.
It was a hot, hot sunny day. I now have the coolest burn lines from mid bicep to wrist, and from mid thigh to ankle. I look dead sexy in a bathing suit with these tan lines. I need one of those old fashion turn-of-the-century striped jobbies, complete with the cap for my helmet hair.

The Fraser at dawn.

No comments: