Saturday, May 26, 2007

On the Go Finally!



May 22nd 1st Day riding
50⁰ 09.622 N 121⁰ 03.032 W
114.8 Km Total 114.8 Km

on my way

All in all it was a great first day. The weather started out with clear blue skies and no wind. By early afternoon the cumulus clouds were scattered about keeping the temperature reasonable I had a little head wind coming into Merritt and they continued until I stopped for dinner. Hwy 5a from Kamloops to Merritt was a great road to bike on. Stump Lake
Stump Lake was the prettiest part of today’s journey unfortunately there were tons of flies. It was a trip for the senses, the warmth of the sun, lake vistas, meadow larks singing, the feel of the smooth road beneath my tires and the taste of teeth filtered mayflies. Low traffic and wide smooth shoulders. Hwy 8 from Merritt is rougher with minimal shoulders. Its saving grace is there is almost no traffic. I found a nice forestry camp site for my first night called N’Kwala. It was the perfect time to stop 7ish. That gave me time to bathe, set up camp and do my journal.

No comments: