Monday, March 26, 2007

This Blog's for You

I was talking (gloating, bragging, nervously spewing) about the cross Canada trip I’m hoping to take when one of my friends asked if I was going to be sponsored. After further conversation I realized she meant am I going to use my cross-country trip as a charity fundraiser.
The short answer I gave her was I’m selfish that I want to do this trip for myself. The more honest answer is I’m scared. I’m scared I don’t have what it takes to finish my trip. That half way through this trip I’ll want to quit and I will. I’m scared of having other people count on me.
I have actually thought long and hard about using this as a fundraiser. I work in a long-term care facility and I work with many residents with a variety of different disease conditions. I have also had different friends and family that have had to deal with some pretty difficult diseases. Personally the disease that makes me the angriest is MS. Like cancer every person gets his or her own unique version. Will it hit you hard or will it ease it’s way in? Will it attack your muscles or your brain or a cruel combination of both. So for three different generations of people I know that are dealing with this insidious disease, Margaret, Colin and Brianna this is for you.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I know you will do as much as you can do Leanna. If you don't make it, it doesn't mean that you are a failure it just means that you are human and get over it and get on with what ever else you choose to do with you life. Enjoy, it will be hard at time and fun at others but through out the time that you are doing it, the only thing that you can count on is yourself and that it will only make you stronger